Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fez

Phew! I forgot how tiresome traveling can be...Yesterday I took the 8 hour train from Marrakesh to Fez. I wandered around, lost as usual, until I found the hotel I booked the night before online. The city is at full capacity because the King is in town, and they said they were fully booked and there was nothing they could do.

After much anxiety, the concierge *gave me a deal* by giving me the driver*s room at the cost of 600 Dirhams or about 85 US. Not worth it, but I had no choice. I feel cornered a lot here, totally at their mercy. I feel bad that they are so poor, but I am not a fan of the aggressive dishonesty and blatant rudeness I have endured at times. I think that the Moroccans are sick of tourists, so I am headed to Spain. Vacation is supposed to be fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey,..love you buttacup

m said...

I hope that your vacation in Spain will be better for you You deserve itYoou had such wonderful "vacations"before dont let this one get you down..
Love ya M

keva said...

So your off to Spain? Send me an email about your travels so far...I want more info!!!!

Adrielle said...

Well when in Morocco do as the French...wait a minute that's not the right one. I just got back from camp and am about to travel across the midwest...perhaps I will pretend that I am a native Arabic speaker (the official Moroccan language?) that will really confuse the natives! Well I hope that Spain has less kings and more princes for you.

Linda said...

What was Marakesh like? I'm dying to see photos and hear about it! Did you take the "Marakesh express"?

How was Fez? Does the King wear a fez? Did you see him?

I'm glad you're getting the heck out of dodge - I'll feel better knowing you're in Spain. Will you get to see Portugal?

Cheers,
Linda