Well...I am sitting in the Charles De Gaulle airport in France waiting for my flight back home. Time went so quickly this year. I met some great folks when I left Spain and returned to Morocco.
I was walking down the street looking to change my Euros to Dirhams and I overheard an American English accent. The next thing you know I am staying with a couple from Miami in an amazing house in the casbah! The views were outstanding from the rooftop terrace, you could see all of the way to Spain. I will try attaching more photos.
Well Ben and Dara took me under their wings and gave me the royal treatment. I was even invited to have a traditional Moroccan lunch with a friend, Shookri, who apparently is some big wig in Tangier. The meal was an amazing five courses including a giant tagine and home made couscous. And of course, the national drink, mint tea, was served for the finale.
So I feel really blessed to have experienced a true Tangerine lifestyle. I felt protected and coveted. It really changed my initial perspective of Morocco. I was even driven back to Rabat, rather than the typical bus/train ride. From there I left for Paris, where I am now.
I arrived last night at 10pm. Not much time to sightsee, plus everything was closed. Besides the Eiffel Tower. Notice Lefty's reappearance at this structural marvel.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment