Ever entered a foreigh country without access to money by yourself at night? Not a pleasant feeling. Arrived last night in Spain to find that my debit and amex cards do not work...YIKES¡ They didn´t work the last couple of days in Morocco, but I figured it was due to being a developing country. So I boarded the ferry with the last of my cash and landed here helpless.
After much anxiety and over 2 hours talking with B of A, I was able to arrange a replacement card and a cash advance via Western Union. In addition, a lady at the ferry station saw how distressed I was and helped me out. She directed me to a hotel that will accept payment in the morning at check out time. AND she gave me 50 euros to eat. There are good people on earth as well as bad people. I feel fortunate to have encountered such generous and trusting people here in Spain thus far. I needed it.
So it all worked out and I received me wired money and now I am moving on now with a renewed perspective. I will be sure to pass it on to others in need.
1 comment:
WOW~ fantastic story! Such generosity and it came at the right time! I wonder if that lady knew just how much she blessed you?
I have been riding public transport all week and LOVING it. Only used our car twice. Yesterday I was a dollar short on bus fare and a man offered me a dollar! Then the bus driver said, OK keep it, just ride for 1/2 price. I swear that never happens!
It renews your faith in "man".
Sending good vibes your way,
Linda and Matt
Post a Comment