Sorry that I´ve neglected to keep my posts up to date. Just been to busy exploring these wonderful places and people!
Was able to go to a traditional flamenco show in Seville, check out the video. After a few days there I decided for Portugal for some sun and seafood. I always thought that Portugese and Spanish were similar languages...hah! I could not understand anything. Fortunately it is a hot tourist destination for all Europeans, so many people spoke English as well. Made me realize once again how lazy we Americans are when it comes to learning other languages. I vow to take a conversational Spanish course upon my return.
After Portugal, I bussed it to Granada, my favorite so far. The Alhambra was exquisite and amazing! The Alhambra is not only the most important, but also one of the best conserved Arabian palace. The name Alhambra means "the red one" and refers to the color of the mountain on which it is built. It is interesting to witness the Muslim architecture and the Christian modifications.
Met some nice (bilingual) folks from Argentina that I shared some time with:) Tapas taste better when you have someone to share them with.
Now I am back in the port of Algeciras ready for my return to Morocco. I have only a few days left before my trip is over....then it´s back to school.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wauh those are very pretty pix i miss u thanx 4 the post card and i am moving houses and skools my address is 6363beadnell way barclay square apt#119 my phone # is 858 277 1739!!!
Post a Comment